Friday, September 2, 2011

I have arrived!!

(I was supposed to post this last night...)

I finally made it to Perugia! It is the most surreal thing I think I ever experienced.  I still can't believe that I'm going to be living here and studying here for the next three and half months!

Jet lag has already started to kick in and I am absolutely wiped.  I am beyond confused as to what time it is and what it is.  So, for however many hours I've been traveling has been a whirlwind adventure.  I kicked off my travels with a quick flight from Logan to JFK.  After a few hours of sitting around and finally meeting my school group, we took an 8 hour flight from JFK to Rome.  I have never been on an international flight so this was all new to me.  The process didn't seem much different than flying domestically but knowing where I would land was making the whole process that much more thrilling. 

Even after landing in Rome, I still hadn't reached my final destination.  After passing through customs, which was just a man who just waved at us, we sat around and waited to board a bus filled with Umbra students that would take us to Perugia.  By the way, the bus ride was 3 hours longs.  Oh, and another thing, the A/C was barely working so the temperature said the bus was 31-34 degrees Celsius which translates to roughly 95 degrees Fahrenheit. I think i now know what it feels to suffocate.  The only thing I could do was to sleep so that I wouldn't have to feel the pain of heavy, moist air.  We made a pit stop at a small store off the highway and I had a brioche filled with what tasted like Nutella.  Delicious!

We checked in to the Hotel Gío for the night.  I met one of my roommates and she seems really sweet.  I really want to meet our other two roommates.  We are rooming all together tonight.

So now, me and my other two friends from Conn are sitting in my hotel room updating our blogs.  Dinner is scheduled for 8 p.m. and we are all starving!  I hope they feed us something yummy :)

Tomorrow we move in to our apartments! I'll keep you guys updated and send some pictures!

Ciao!
Melissa







No comments:

Post a Comment